Client is Symantec Antivirus company from USA were having multiple user surveys carried out to collect various important information for their products and services. They were looking for application to manage surveys, dynamic survey question management and data processing to export survey results in power point solution.
- It was difficult manage survey in manual excel files and was not easy to report summary information.
- Data received was not directly usable to prepare power point presentations or presentable charts.
- It was not easy to parse through results and get meaningful presentable data.
- Manual data processing and creating a power point presentation with survey results was error prone and time consuming.
Based on the requirements and specification, we decided to architect the application using following technology stack:
- Microsoft .Net framework
- Winform, C#, Entity Framework
- DevExpress Controls for winforms
- Slides for generating dynamic power point slides.
- PDF and Adobe InDesign API for generating PDF reports for survey analysis
- Microsoft SQL Server database
- Role based security implemented
- Module based development and loosely coupled architecture
The developed solution was being used by client for their survey management and generating nice presentations in power point.